I kept a running commentary on the Historical Reality Television Facebook page and I’m sharing it here;
- 3 minutes of spoilers and reminders of the previous episode…. when will they stop doing this, it is so annoying.
Skip, skip skip.
- I wonder how Widdecombe will deal with the birth of socialism…
- Another amazing location, they’ve found some splendid museums for this show.
- I hope we get to see lots of horrendous child labour.
Wages paid at the pub…
- Hahaha Widdecombe is too old, no work for you.
Fun for us viewers, pretty horrendous for an elderly real Victorian lady.
- I love that one doesn’t get paid because someone else didn’t do their job properly.
Quite an eye opening to our spoiled modern folks.
- I like the impressionist’s emotions, I think they are genuine.
He realises what we’ve lost, how far we’ve come in a good and bad way.
- Still dislike the competition element, this idea of seeing who did best.
- You can see how important the pub was to our ancestors, the only moment in the day when you could relax and entertain yourself.
- And well done on the lads doing the evening job.
- If the Victorians had ‘Health & Safety’ laws, there wouldn’t have been an empire.
- A trouble makers want worker’s rights! Here we go, progress coming!
- Oh dear… they can’t pay at the pub hehehe...
- I like how the tv show keeps piling trouble onto them.
- Poor chaps, working late into the night by the fire just so they earn what the rest just spend on food and drink down the pub.
- How amusing, Ann Widdecombe being all excited about the workers getting rights.
- I hope they get truly unfair treatment from their boss, worker’s rights were not earned after one afternoon of workers disagreeing.
- If only Ann had this experience before she had become a politician.
- I hope the boss just fires them and a bunch of poor people come running to take their place.
- Ha brilliant, everybody OUT, love this.
- I would have loved to see the army being send in to kick them out.
- No work, no rights, no pay, no food.
- Another great episode, looking forward to the next episode! The workhouse, I hope it is going to be even worse than I can imagine.